Nationwide Members are welcome to use the facilities of the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County in keeping the State of New Jersey travel guidelines.
All guests & visitors age 18 and over should be prepared to show a drivers license or non-driver photo ID and have their photo taken in order to enter our facilities.
You have the flexibility to use participating Y facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico.
Strengthening of community—and the realization of a Y’s full potential—is best done when all Ys are open to all members. We are dedicated to ensuring our facilities, programs and services are open and welcoming to all. As part of this effort, we are proud to participate in the Nationwide Membership Program. *Nationwide Membership enables Y members to visit any participating YMCA in the United States at no additional cost through membership at their “home” YMCA (your home Y is the local association that enrolled you as a member and collects your membership dues). We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our mission to strengthen communities.
*Some restrictions may apply. Contact your destination Y for more information prior to your visit for their policy. To find a Y location, please visit www.ymca.net.
Things To Know Before You Go
• Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2500 Y locations participate.
• Nationwide Membership is valid for active, full facility YMCA members whose home Y participates without restriction or blackout periods.
• Promotional memberships as well as Silver Sneakers, and Renew Active memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership.
• Special memberships established by any Y for group homes, other agencies, etc., are not eligible.
• On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
• If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
• If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
• Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
• You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
• Ys should allow nationwide members access to services typically offered to full-facility members. Check with the Y for schedule and availability. Nationwide members visiting other Ys for a period greater than 28 days must transfer membership affiliation for continued use.
• All Ys reserve the right to restrict or revoke these privileges.
• Registered sex offenders are prohibited from participating.
Visiting Our Y
Visitors to our Y from participating* Y’s will have the following use of our facilities: indoor swimming pools, gymnasiums, basketball courts, group fitness classes, Wellness Centers, Mens / Womens locker rooms. The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County reserves the right to restrict facility/program access if capacity is a concern (e.g. fitness classes, lap swim, spin, rock climbing, peak court hours, etc.), or if a guest’s visits exceed their home Y use. Class enrollment (except for group fitness classes) is not a part of this program at this time. In addition, the following restrictions apply:
- All visitors ages 18+ will be required to show a drivers license or non-driver photo ID in order enter our facilities.
- Not valid for Silver Sneakers, Renew Active, or promotional memberships.
- No Child Watch service.
- No Freehold Family Y Swim Club.
- May not bring guests.
Upon guest’s initial visit each calendar year, a Liability Waiver and visitors must stop at Welcome Desk and be checked in each visit. Guests are expected to abide by the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County Code of Conduct while visiting our facilities. Failure to do so will result in the loss of reciprocal visitation privileges. In addition, the YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.