To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Who We Are
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through:
Youth Development – Nurturing the potential of every child and teen. Nine million youth are taking a greater interest in learning; making smarter life choices; and cultivating the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, the
pursuit of higher education and goal achievement.
Healthy Living – Improving the nation’s health and well-being. Millions of adults and youth receive the support, guidance and resources needed to achieve better health and well-being.
Social Responsibility – Giving back and providing support to our neighbors. Across the country, the Y helps people give back and assist their neighbors by offering them opportunities to volunteer, advocate and support programs that strengthen
- We believe that when we devote our full strength to the Y’s mission and cause, work in partnership with others, and build on our history of innovation, we can address the most pressing issues of our time unlike any other organization.
- We believe all people have potential. We believe active and connected families make for active and connected communities.
- We believe in a holistic approach to development, promoting healthy spirit, mind, and body.
- We believe that in a diverse world, we are stronger when we are inclusive and our doors are open to all.
- We believe in honoring our mission, living our cause, acting in accordance with our values, and placing the greater good above self.
The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County is a mission driven, value based, non-profit organization that has served the communities of Monmouth County and parts of Middlesex and Ocean Counties for 145 years. Our doors are open to all community members who wish to take advantage of the varied selection of programs and services available to them. The YMCA is governed by a Board of Directors; volunteers who reflect a wide variety of our community members. Together, these individuals develop policies and procedures for the staff to implement. We are a unique organization and through our “Y Cares Program” are able to offer programs and services at reduced rates to all the members of our community regardless of their financial status.
Jointly serving over 36,000 members and participants, the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County employs more than 1,200 people and engages approximately 650 volunteers with an operating budget of $25 million, making it the second largest YMCA in New Jersey.
We’re guided by core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and inclusion. We are dedicated to helping everyone grow in spirit, mind and body regardless of age, income or background.