“Both my boys are attending the YMCA camp and they love it. One of the main reasons they enjoy going is the relationship they have formed with their counselors. Caitlin with the 2nd graders is just the best! We have known her since last year. She is caring and attentive! Danielle and Sam with the kindergarten are fabulous. My older son had them years ago and they still remember him. They made my little guy feel comfortable everyday! Great job everyone!!!!”
The Old Bridge Y provides a safe and loving environment for each and every child. We are committed to developing your child’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth, in a fun camp atmosphere.
Our camping experience is one of wonder and exploration. Camp programs are packed with activities that fill summer days and offer independence and adventure!
Have your children gain the interpersonal skills that are missing with today’s technology.
- Ages 4-15 years
- Curbside drop off
- We offer 10 weeks with flexible days
- Extended care & lunch are available
- Weekly Trips
- Daily Swimming
- Weekly Themes
- Special Events
Available Tuesday through Friday for children in Gr. 3-10. Each day will be a new adventure as the children travel to someplace fun and educational! See calendar and registration packet above for trips and more information. Only 40 spots per week available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ages for your camp?
• Our camp is for ages 4 to 15. Children are grouped by what grade they are entering in September.
What time is pick up in the afternoon?
• Half day pick up is from 1:15-1:30 pm, while full day pick up is from 4:15-4:45 pm. Pick up is outside at the picnic tables near the parking lot. In the event of inclement weather, pick up will be held in the gymnasium.
What are the hours for camp?
• We provide half and full day options for camp. Our half day hours are from 9:30 am until 1:30 pm. Full day hours are from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Can I pick up my child early?
• In most cases, early pick up is possible. However, on trip days there is no guarantee we will arrive back at the Y before normal pick up time. If you need to pick up your child early, please visit our front desk and our staff will page your child’s counselors. Early pick up ends at 4 pm, as all groups will be transitioning to dismissal outside.
Do you provide extended care hours?
• We have before care that begins at 7:00 am, and after care that goes until 6:30 pm. Extended care services are $10 each, or $15 for both per day. Forms for extended care must be turned in with payment by the Wednesday of the week previous.
Do you provide lunch?
• We do provide an outside lunch service at an additional cost of $6 per day, but every camper is welcome to bring a lunch from home.
Is camp peanut free?
• No, we do allow campers to bring foods that contain peanuts for lunch. We allow this because we require children with allergies to enjoy their lunch at a sterilized peanut free table.
Can I send my child with birthday treats for their group?
• As of summer 2019, we ask to please refrain from sending children with treats for their groups. With allergies and parental dietary preferences, we suggest other items than food for your child’s group.
Can I make changes to my child’s enrollment?
• Absolutely. We try to accommodate all changes you may need. However, these changes cannot be guaranteed. If you need to change your child’s registration, please complete a ‘Change Request Form’ found in the hallway by the camp office.
Can I enroll or add weeks/days during the summer?
• Camp enrollment is based on a first come, first serve basis and does tend to fill up quickly. However, if we have openings we are happy to enroll more campers during the summer!
What is the ratio for counselors to campers?
• We ensure safety during our program with a staff to camper ratio which is BELOW state requirements. For groups Pre-K through 3rd grade, there is a 1:6 ratio. Children entering grades 4 through 8 will have a 1:8 ratio.
Is there trained medical personnel on site?
• Our staff is Red Cross certified in a high level of CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers, and trained to treat minor injuries (scrapes and bruises). In the event of an emergency, the staff will call 911 followed by the parent/guardian.
What kind of activities do you have at camp?
• We have a wide variety of activities for our campers that include but are not limited to: swimming, sports, special events, arts & crafts, dress up days, trips & much more!
Do all of the campers go swimming?
• Yes, we have two swim periods in each day (one for half day campers). All of our swim periods are instructional swim with highly qualified YMCA swim instructors.
What if my child cannot swim?
• We will teach them! Any camper who cannot swim independently will swim a personal floatation device until they can swim on their own.
Is there a bus service?
• No, there is no bus service for our camp. Parents/Guardians are responsible for getting their child to and from camp. The Y will however provide bussing for all trips.
Are there any special events at camp?
• Throughout the summer we follow our original theme calendar which has different exciting activities, shows and projects for our campers to enjoy.
What should I do if my child is not coming to camp?
• Parents/Guardians are asked to inform the Old Bridge YMCA as far in advance if your child cannot make it to camp.
What do the campers do if it is excessively hot or raining outside?
• Not a problem! Our staff is always prepared with an indoor schedule in the event we cannot be outside.
Do you offer any discounts?
• We offer a 5% sibling if you are sending more than one child to camp. Your first child would pay full price, while each additional child will receive 5% off. We also offer a 5% paid in full discount if you elect to pay in full upon registration.
Do you go on trips throughout the summer?
• We sure do! Our 1st & 2nd grade groups will take trips to the Freehold YMCA every Tuesday, while our 3rd-8th graders will take trips every Thursday to various locations. Trips are for FULL DAY CAMPERS ONLY.
Do the trips cost extra?
• All trips are included in your tuition! However, all of the trips do have a capacity. Once that capacity is reached (even if before the deadline date), we can no longer take registrations for those days.
Do half day campers go on trips?
• Half day campers do not go on trips. We will not be arriving back at the Y until 4 pm from most trips. If you’d like your child to participate, they must be registered for a full day.
What is Curbside Drop-Off?
• Curbside Drop-Off is an additional service our camp provides which allows you to drop your child off at the front door in the morning without leaving your car. When pulling up to the YMCA, a staff member will sign your child in, while another will escort your child to the gymnasium.