The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County helps strengthen individuals and families through extensive of outreach services through the New Jersey Division of Children’s System of Care Services and the Division of Child Protection and Permanency (formerly Division of Youth and Family Services).
Division of Children’s System of Care Services Programs
BEHAVIORAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Behavioral Assistance provides specific, outcome oriented interventions that are determined by the family, referring agency and a licensed therapist. Using strength based model, Behavioral Assistance helps to foster a higher quality of life for those children and families participating in the program. Behavioral Assistants have the skills needed to address behaviors such as anger management, oppositional behaviors, self esteem and acting out behaviors. In addition, staff has been trained to address specific issues such as ADHD, Asperger’s and Autism.
INTENSIVE IN-COMMUNITY SUPPORT
Division of Child Protection and Permanency Contracted Programs
CHILD VISITATION SERVICES
- Child Visitation – This program transports foster children to and from meetings with their parents. The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County staff supervises the visit and documents it for DCPP records. Referrals are only made through DCCP.
- Family Engagement Program – This program combines supervised visits with an individualized parenting skills program and case management services.
- Therapeutic Visitation Program – Administered by a licensed clinician, the program focuses on the positive development of the parent-child bond.
FAMILY SUPPORT PROGRAM
The Family Support Program is an in-home therapeutic program that provides outstanding and innovative services to children and families living in Monmouth County.Working collaboratively with other treatment providers and referring agencies to assist each family in reaching their goals, the Family Support therapist uses individual and collective strengths to instill a sense of hope within the family and facilitate positive change.
FOSTER CARE SUPPORT
The Foster Care Support Program provides supportive services to foster parents and children. Services consist of short-term therapy, intensive long-term therapy or case management services.The goal is to help maintain current foster placements, provide support services to foster children and their foster parents and to make their experiences as positive as possible.
FAMILY CARE PROGRAM
- Child Mentor Program – This support program provides positive adult role models to children and adolescents to increase their self-esteem and self-awareness. Social, recreational and education services are provided.
- Parent Mentor Program – Parent coaches provide support and guidance to assist parents in achieving techniques needed to overcome obstacles they may be facing. Areas of need may include, budgeting, household maintenance, basic parenting skills, behavior modification, time management, stress management and self-care.
For more information on Outreach Services