With a focus on strengthening family life and individual growth, The YMCA of Greater Monmouth provides a comprehensive array of safe, confidential outpatient and psychiatric services to children, adolescents, adults and families in a caring and supportive environment.
Our highly qualified staff hold Master’s Degrees and are licensed practitioners or are pursuing licensure. Substance abuse clinicians are Certified Substance Abuse Counselors or are pursuing certification. Our team works closely with our psychiatrist to deliver outstanding care and treatment to those we serve.
Sliding scale fees are available based on income.
Services for Children
YOUNG PEOPLE’S OUTPATIENT PROGRAM
The Young People’s Outpatient Program serves children ages 3 to 18 and their families. The program is tailored to meet the individual needs of the child and offers an opportunity for change through play. Specialized groups are also offered throughout the year. The program addresses school difficulties, parent/child conflicts, trauma issues, anger management and, bereavement issues and adjustment to life changes.
The program provides individual and family counseling, play therapy, parent/guardian support and training and Filial Therapy.
Services are available at the following locations:
- Little Egg Harbor – Lighthouse Alliance Community Church
- Long Branch – Long Branch Community Center
- Manahawkin – Holy Spirit Lutheran Church
- Matawan – Temple Shalom
- Matawan – YMCA Counseling & Social Services Outpatient Office & YMCA Children’s Achievement Center
- Union Beach – Union Beach Memorial Library
- Wall – YMCA Camp Zehnder
The program is also available at the following schools, where the Y has contracted with school districts to provide services for children in a familiar environment:
- Asbury Park – Barack H. Obama Elementary School, Bradley Elementary School, Thurgood Marshall Elementary School, Asbury Park Middle School, Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School
- Freehold – Park Avenue Elementary School
- Hazlet – Raritan High School, Hazlet Middle School, Beers Street Elementary School
- Long Branch – All public school K-12
- Keyport – Keyport High School, Keyport Central School
- Matawan – Matawan Regional High School, Matawan-Aberdeen Middle School
- Middletown – Bayshore Middle School, Harmony Elementary School, Ocean Avenue Elementary School, Port Monmouth Elementary School & Thorne Middle School
- Neptune – All public schools K-12
- Toms River – Walnut Street Elementary, Joseph A. Citta Elementary, East Dover Elementary, Toms River High School East
View | Download
Outpatient Program Flier – English
Outpatient Program Flier – Spanish
Mental Health Services
Mental health counseling is available for adolescents and adults experiencing difficult life issues that hinder their sense of well-being and interfere with personal growth. Treatment is provided in individual or family settings. Common issues requiring care include relationship conflicts, separation, divorce, bereavement and job and school performance.
Specific treatment may be obtained for anxiety, depression, anger management and other mental health complications.
Substance Abuse Services
ADULT INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM
The Y’s substance abuse Intensive Outpatient Program addresses addiction issues and also helps each individual explore the factors contributing to their illness and to identify all the measures necessary to sustain recovery, once it is achieved.
This is a step-down program starting at 3 times per week, which follows a drug-free model with a Twelve Step orientation. Participation in a self-help recovery program is an integrated part of treatment. Didactic and psycho-therapeutic methods are used and urine screening is administered on a random basis. Treatment is aimed a spirit, mind and body recovery.
View | Download
Adult Intensive Outpatient Program (PDF)
ADOLESCENT INTERVENTION SERVICES
The Y provides intervention oriented substance abuse services to adolescents ages 13 to 18 who are demonstrating at-risk alcohol/drug related behavior, such as a drop in grades, change of friends, legal trouble and family issues.
The objective of intervention services is to interrupt the adolescents’ self-defeating behavior and replace it with a healthier approach to wellness.
Support group and individual/family therapy services are available.
View | Download
Adolescent Intervention Services Flier (PDF)
ADULT INTERVENTION SERVICES
Intervention oriented substance abuse services are available to adults 18 and older who are demonstrating at-risk alcohol/drug related behavior. The objective of an Intervention Group is to interrupt self-defeating behaviors and replace them with a healthier approach to wellness.
Individual and or/family therapy services are available to group participants on an as-needed basis. For those who may be experiencing a co-occurring disorder, our staff psychiatrist is available for medication evaluation and monitoring.
View | Download
Adult Intervention Services Flier (PDF)
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE SERVICES
This program contracts with corporate and national employee assistance programs to deliver treatment to employees through a specific referral and evaluation process. All services are provided in a caring, supportive and confidential manner. The Y provides a variety of programs, which can relieve stress, promote individual growth, and enhance family life, to improve employee performance.
Services are available for mental health and substance abuse issues, and are offered in an individual, family or group setting.
Program is operated from the YMCA Counseling & Social Services Outpatient Office in Matawan.
ADDITIONAL SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES
The Y also provides the following services related to adults and adolescents for substance abuse issues including:
- Complete Drug and Alcohol Evaluations (1-4 sessions)
Medication Evaluation and Monitoring (for counseling clients only)
- Treatment for Codependency and Related Issues
- COSA (Children of Substance Abusers) Services
- Intoxicated Driver Services
- Urine Monitoring
- Early Intervention
- Drug Court Services and Parent Support
For more information on Outpatient Services