With safety as our highest priority, we’ve been welcoming back members to our branch locations for a variety of outdoor fitness programs, swimming, personal training, and limited indoor workouts. Please take a moment to read how the Y is keeping our staff and members safe, and what to expect when you visit.
To Ensure Your Health & Safety
- Limited facility capacity of 25%.
- Reservations are required for swim and classes. Reservations are not required for wellness center workouts.
- 45 Minute reservation slots and time for cleaning and sanitization built in between each group.
- Lockers and Locker rooms will not be open, come dressed to work out.
- Equipment will be sanitized in between each reservation time slot.
- Disinfectant wipes and spray near each machine.
- Members will be asked to wipe down their equipment before and after use.
- UV towers and electrostatic sprayers will be used throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for members to use.
- Members will undergo a health screening and temperature check prior to each visit or class.
- Class size will be limited, and members are required to bring their own equipment, i.e., yoga mats.
- Classes will take place in the outdoor courts, fields, and blacktops.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to check in and undergo the health screening. For the safety of participants, classes will be closed to late arrivals 7 minutes after the start of the class.
- Members and instructors are required to wear a face covering/mask at all times.
- Please practice social distancing, maintaining at least 6 feet apart. Staff will make sure that social distance practices are maintained. Designated spots for class participants will be available.
- Restrooms will be available. Access to locker rooms and showers will not be available.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate guests or members of the or Y-USA Nationwide members at this time.
Members will NOT be permitted to attend classes if…
- They are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19. They have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms listed by the CDC.
- They think they could have COVID-19.
- They have tested positive for COVID-19.
- They are awaiting the results of testing for COVID-19.
- They have been in close contact with anyone in the 4 categories above.
Members are NOT permitted to attend if they answer YES to any of the following screening questions…
- Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell, chills, muscle aches, or headache?
- Have you had any of these symptoms since last time you were last here? Have you been in contact with anyone with fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell, chills, muscle aches, or headache since the last time you were here?
- Have you or any of the swimmers you are dropping off potentially been exposed to COVID-19 or have reason to believe you/they have COVID-19?
Members who are sick or believe they might have COVID-19 should stay home until you can answer YES to the following questions…
- Has it been at least 10 day since you first had symptoms?
- Have you been without fever for 3 days (72 hours) without any medicine?
- Has it been 3 days (72 hours) since your symptoms have improved?
IMPORTANT: Household members and member who have been in close contact with someone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home for 14 days and monitor themselves for symptoms
Additionally, if a member or anyone in their family is not feeling well, for any reason, the member will be asked to stay home.
Any member who is suspected of or begins to feel ill, will be asked to leave.