7 Central New Jersey Professionals Elected to Board of Directors | SHREWSBURY, NJ (May 11, 2021) – The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County is pleased to announce the addition of seven new members to its board of directors, recently elected to three-year terms.
The board is composed of 42 members who help guide the nonprofit’s strategic direction, set policy, and raise support to strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. “The Y is a volunteer-led organization that depends on effective board leadership to deliver our mission to ensure that everyone can access our life-changing programs, regardless of ability to pay,” said Chief Volunteer Officer Jennifer Lakefield, who oversees the board of directors.
The new appointees, elected at the Board of Directors meeting on April 21, are:
• Latonya Brennan, CSRM, area executive vice president of Gallagher Public Sector Practice, Princeton, and a resident of Shrewsbury.
• Ming Chen, co-owner of A Shared Universe podcast studio and partner of Coral Sword, a gaming and comics café in Houston, Texas. He is a resident of Shrewsbury Township.
• Lori Ferguson, director of diversity at New Jersey Resources based in Wall Township, who resides in Newark.
• Marilyn Grabowski, president of Atlantic Infra in Wall Township, and a resident of Point Pleasant Beach.
• Itzel Perez Hernandez, an immigrant rights organizer with the American Friends Service Committee, and a resident of Red Bank.
• Glenn Alonzo Richardson, a certified public accountant and owner of Glenn Richardson, CPA, in Perth Amboy, and business administrator for three charter schools. He lives in Perth Amboy.
• David Stout, PH. D, president of Brookdale Community College, and a resident of Wall Township.
President and CEO Laurie Goganzer said: “Each new board member brings a wealth of experience and diverse skills and perspective to our organization, along with a deep passion for making a difference in the communities we serve. As we continue to recover from the pandemic, the board’s knowledge and leadership have never been more vital.”
Itzel Perez Hernandez
Glenn Alonzo Richardson
About YMCA of Greater Monmouth County
YMCA of Greater Monmouth County is here for all – to empower youth and teens, improve health and strengthen community. A leading nonprofit charity, the Y unites 36,000 people of all ages, incomes, and backgrounds. During the pandemic, we responded to vital community needs, providing more than $735,000 in relief services. Our life-changing programs and services are anchored in 10 communities: health and wellness facilities in Freehold Township, Old Bridge and Red Bank; outdoor day camps in Millstone and Wall; a community center in Freehold Borough; counseling and social service centers in Eatontown, Matawan and Middletown; child care centers in Freehold Township, Matawan and Red Bank; and integrated in nearly 100 schools in Monmouth and Ocean counties. We’re based in Shrewsbury, NJ. Learn more at www.ymcanj.org.